Friday, December 10, 2010

Alba Truffle Festival

When in Piemonte during autumn...take advantage of the Truffle Festival in Alba. We were there on the first day, and we were there on the last day. Somehow I missed the huge tent of truffle sellers on the first day - maybe I was distracted by the pig heads, games, hot polenta and bottles of wine.... Arina and I stopped by during our Piemonte weekend trip.  Stall after stall sold various truffles of all sorts of sizes and I found it overwhelmingly impossible to decide which one to buy from - not that it was within my budget to afford a truffle, but just if, IF I wanted to, I would assume I would be confused.  The sellers were anxious to get rid of the last of the season's truffles but it was just too much for me. We took advantage of the samples, obviously, pretended we were interested consumers and picked up some pamphlets, but ultimately left empty handed and wondered if it was worth it to spent the 3 euro to enter the earth-hunter's exhibition. I think so.
inside.

truffled cheese
lady & the tramp dolls are truffle-entincing

GRANDE.
piccolo.

No comments: