Tuesday, October 30, 2012

st kilda's community garden.

On one of my last strolls around Melbourne, where I was staying - not working - in St Kilda, I came across Veg Out, the St Kilda Community Gardens. Of course I was mesmerised. Enthralled. In Love.
 The public land is right behind the iconic Luna Park, home to the oldest continuously operated roller coaster in the world. Inside, which is welcome to the public, are 140 plots which in all shapes and sizes come in all manners of gardening experience and maintenance.

Rainbow chard was an all-round, over grown favourite. Colourful, tasty, a bit forgotten about. 


chooks means chickens.


And then I went to Lentil As Anything for some take away lunch. I had read about it in my book, knowing that it was vegetarian, but must've forgotten or skimmed over the part that said it was pay as you feel; pay for what you think the meal is worth. seriously. you could walk away with a curry lunch with whatever change you have in yo ur pocket - if you feel ok doing that. As you put your donation into the "Magic Money Box" they staff tell you to make a wish.  I can't really remember my wish...but I think it's come true :)


No comments: