Monday, October 13, 2008




So this weekend was the Food Network NYC Wine & Food Festival. As TC says, every 2-3 months there are perks that make our jobs worthwhile. It all started on Thursday 10/9 with the Chelsea Market After Dark - hosted by Bobby Flay. Walking to work that morning and seeing all the FN signage and decorations being set up made me really excited to go to work - a very weird feeling for 8:58am. All the different restaurants and stores in Chelsea Market opened their doors that night and offered free samples of food and booths of flowing wine. Food Network kitchens definitely had the best dish - a plate of grits topped with a spicy tomato and chorizo sauce topped off with a shrimp (Yay for overcoming my allergies!) It got really crowded - especially by Bobby Flay who was giving out huge burgers, which were also delicious. I somehow managed to get him to sign my work schedule sheet (the only paper I had) as well as two of his menus. I had door duty later having to make sure that the VIPs from the cocktail party left to go to the cars to drive them to dinner instead of going into the party. While waiting outside - Guy Fieri was out there and he yelled out my name - I felt pretty cool, thinking that he remembered my name from walking past my cubicle, until TC reminded me that I was wearing a name tag....oh and we hung out with dale from top chef.





No comments: