Monday, October 13, 2008





then the best part of the festival - Sweet. A ton of restaurants in the city offer samples of their desserts and again lots of wine purveyors and of course, an entire room dedicated to perrier-jouet. levain bakery cookies were to die for. kyotofu miso chocolate cupcakes were my favorite last year, but this year, ehh not so good. giada was there, gael green, katie lee joel was there...took a picture with duff from ace of cakes (look too fat to post that pic) and johnny iuzzini with all his tattoos. I literally bumped into tyler florence and was like oh sorry, then realized it was him and was like OH SORRY! ran over to TC to tell her that he was there and we ran back to catch up to him. I tapped him on the shoulder and was like, can i please initroduce you to my friend? tyler, tree, tree, tyler. then she went into gigglefest for a good 10 minutes.

i was really not in the mood to do more door duty - literally telling the vips that the car service was ready for them to take them home - aka LEAVE. hanging out with the account executives was fun and got me into the after party upstairs! dancing with bobby flay all night? check. hung out with some executive chefs from highline....it was a pretty fun night all around and exhausting.

1 comment:

Sepiru Chris said...

Hi Maccaroonie,

(sweet tag, btw.

I'm new to this whole blogging thing to, so I check out other blogs from time to time.

Welcome aboard. :)

Fun blog. Fun to read, fun to see the pictures. I think I will have to try to use some of the continuous streams of vertical pictures that you use sometimes.

And its cool that you are so into food.

Anyways, I'm probably using too much bandwidth to say nice job. You caramelized the sugar perfectly and the soufflé of your posts was served perfectly fluffy. :)

Cheers,
Chris