Thursday, November 4, 2010

Colorno nearly Flooded...again.

 This is what Colorno is meant to look like:
 This is what Colorno looks like after a weekend full of rain:
and when I say, again, I mean it's not the first time...
 Crossing over the bridge, I thought the stones would surely disintegrate below me and I would be washed away into the murky current of the Parma River. As the rain adamantly continued for the rest of the night, I thought the river would completely overflow and we would have no way of getting to class in the morning. 
Class actually was canceled the next morning, but because the professor called out sick at the last minute, not because of the flooding river. 
The bridge is still standing strong and the walls of the Reggia, although missing a little more paint, have not succumbed to the submerging pressure of the temperamental river. 

calma! 
let's hope it stays this way for the rest of the winter.

No comments: