Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome Back.

So...I haven't written for a while. I have a lot of updates, which start with lambing season in Donegal (wait till you see the videos) then working in a pub in town and enjoying the pre-summer-rainy-season's week of extremely warm spring weather, I got distracted and didn't write. Then, there was a bachelorette weekend in New York for my brother's new wife, a fantastic wedding in Massachusetts, Memorial Day Weekend, my 5-year Bucknell Reunion weekend, an accident I'm still shook up about, and now I'm seriously trying to figure out life. I don't even know what that means. Some of my friends don't even understand me. I think I am in UNISG withdrawal...

Whenever we go on vacation, my dad always wants to get a house there. I have the same problem. We fall in love with places and dream of what life could be like in another place. I am happy wherever I am. After graduating in March, I was convinced I wanted to stay in Europe so I moved into our house in Ireland. I loved it there. There are two months - May and September - where I have weddings and events that I could not miss out on but also could not afford to fly back to each individually. So, since no job would allow me to have such time off, getting a summer job was the best idea and looking for a "real job" in the fall would have to wait. Alright, good plan. But then I come back to America, my sister is now living in the city, my parents are sometimes here, sometimes in Portsmouth - which I also adore - and I feel comfortable back being surrounded by people and places I know and love. Still struggling between where I want to live (am I still convinced I want to go back to Dublin or possibly London in the fall?) I am debating NH or NY. NY pace of life is completely different and the summer's heat is quite sweatily unbearable, but NH is so far from my Jessypoo.

Why am I so bad at making life decisions? I thought after graduation life was supposed to fall into place and it was supposed to give us direction, answer all the questions we had. It seemed so easy in Italy, I thought I almost knew what I wanted to do in Ireland to help promote its food, and now, I haven't a clue what to do. 

1 comment:

bizzy1 said...

ummm yeah. im SOOO confused. though I know I still don't want to stay here, I don't really know where I want to go. and was my certainty about needing to come home now, at this point in my life, even valid? why was I so sure? now even more questions than before. anyway, i think we need a lost souls reunion ASAP.