Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My First Real Australian Pie.


During our trip to Denmark, we had Australian pies for lunch at the “award winning” Denmark Bakery (it was actually award winning, I only put it in quotes as everywhere we went that day was award-winning.) I had a Vinda-Roo aka Curried Kangaroo with an appropriate kangaroo pastry cut out on top as I felt it was a pretty-Australian-even though-touristy-and-healthier-meat version and Felix had the traditional beefsteak, which really just tasted like mince meat. They were pretty tasty for my first real iconic Australian pie.

According to Wikipedia, because everyone loves and trusts Wikipedia, Australians eat 12 of these national hand-held snacks a year whereas New Zealanders eat 15 a year. 

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback.