Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Physicality: Part 1

I’m curious to see how buff my arms will be after this. The first week consisted of the repetitive physical activity of bottling, and then who knows what the rest of vintage will be like. My arms are seriously sore from lifting full bottles of wine for the last two days. It’s like the joke people make about working out, and they lift and imaginary glass to their mouth as their bicep curl. But this is serious wine lifting. Four at a time is tough on the fingers, chaffing and blisters, but two at a time is just as hard on the biceps. No joke. The first day we did 12,570 bottles, the second day we did 5,530, and then more in the afternoon.  The third day we packed about 600 cases…times 12 bottles. And the fourth day, I didn’t even dare to look. But, it was all day, which I am pretty sure accounted for about 13,000 (by our 10 o’clock coffee break we were only at two thousand something….yes, all day).  


No comments: