Friday, August 12, 2011

Lemon Cucumber Pickles!

After I wrote my post on cucumbers, I found a lemon cucumber at the Portsmouth Health Food Store and right next to it was a yellow Hungarian pepper, so I decided I would pickle them. 
And. What. A. Great. Idea.


Slice the cucumber and pepper into thin slices. Layer them in a bowl that is big enough to create a couple of layers of cucumbers on top of each other. Sprinkling a generous coating of dill in between each layer of cucumber. In another bowl, whisk and dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of caster sugar in 100ml white wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water. Then pour over the cucumber layers, making sure that they are completely covered.Store in the fridge for a couple of hours. Unless eaten immediately (after the couple of hours in the fridge) it can be stored in a jar with the juices for a week.
sweet n' spicy. 

No comments: