Friday, August 26, 2011

Pokey Cheesey Delivery

Text Conversation:

me: "what are you doing? going to the cheese shop?"

an hour later...

sc: "where you at?"
me: "mi casa."
sc: "meet me out front in 5"
me: "ok"

2 minutes later...

sc: "out front!"
sc: "come on pokey!"
me: "elevator"
sc: "about time!"


I expected maybe a walk to BNG for some coffee, maybe a walk even to the cheese shop but nope. Instead, the best doorstop delivery ever (ok, well, down the hallway, down the elevator, passed the theater foyer, down the front steps) : a bag cherishing Italian and Irish Cheese!! I am so happy right now, I just had to write about it to share about it - yes I am home alone, it explains a lot. A Tallegio from Italy and a Cashel Blue from Ireland - a favorite food from two beloved countries....wow. The real reason I asked SC if he was going to the cheese shop was 1. he has the day off and the cheese shop he lives by has weird hours and 2. I wanted to try the cambozola he keeps talking about -  a combo of soft French triple-cream cheese and Italian gorgonzola. But I'll definitely take the Irish and Italian cheese. Paired with torn croutons I made the night before, this is the most fantastic snack a sunny Friday afternoon, and a hungry girl, could ask for.


Torn Croutons:

* made with The Good Loaf's Sharp Cheddar, Fresh Basil and Cracked Peppercorn Sourdough, 
highly recommended *

Tear day-old bread into bite size pieces. Pour enough oil into the bottom of a large pan to cover the bottom and add 3 garlic cloves. Heat until hot and then add the bread in a single layer. If you hear sizzling, the heat is too high and the croutons will become too dry – the key is to slow cook them for about 20 minutes so that the croutons absorb the garlicky oil and become crisp and golden brown on all sides. Just TRY to keep your fingers away from these. 

No comments: