Thursday, November 1, 2012

Goodbye Melbourne. Hello Sydney.

I never wanted to go to Sydney. I will probably write that again as I write about Sydney. Rachel was in Sydney and I was in need of a familiar face, a good laugh, and some red wine on the beach. Sydney also seemed like a good starting point to head north and see the coastal beaches and sights I have on my list of to-do's before I have to leave. I thought Sydney would be just another large international city, lacking Australian personality and cultural characteristics. But as I left Melbourne and flew over the eastern coast of Australia, I actually was excited. I felt almost giddy in my cramped but bargained Tiger Airways seat. I felt lucky. More than anything, I felt fortunate and grateful for having the opportunity to go to such an iconic city. 
 First view of the opera house and bridge. 
another stop on the australian adventure :)

No comments: